Eastman Kodak Company today introduced the world’s first consumer-available wireless picture frame featuring innovative Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) technology, a Kodak invention that produces exceptionally sharp and vivid image quality. The frame will be on display at the Kodak booth (Hall 5.2) at Photokina.
At the heart of the new KODAK OLED Wireless Frame is an ultra-thin, 7.6-inch diagonal digital panel that produces stunning image detail, when viewed from any angle. The viewing experience is further enhanced by Kodak Perfect Touch technology, which automatically processes images to improve exposure, brightness and color, and KODAK Image Science, which optimizes image quality for display on OLED panels.
“We’re tremendously proud to introduce this exciting new picture frame,” says Pete Jameson, General Manager, Digital Devices Group, Eastman Kodak Company. “Kodak is a worldwide market and technology leader in digital picture frames, and OLED technology was created by Kodak, making us uniquely positioned to bring the benefits of OLED to consumers.”
The OLED Panels deliever CMEL, an OLED specialist wholly owned by LCD panel maker Chi Mei Optoelectronics (CMO), is expected to start volume production of its 7.6-inch panels in September, with shipments going to Kodak for digital photo frames that are meant to be marketed during the upcoming holiday shopping seasons, the sources said.
Benefits delivered by the KODAK OLED Wireless Frame:
- Enjoy spectacularly crisp images and videos on a 7.6-inch diagonal OLED screen, with 180° viewing angle.
- Experience extraordinary color, rich details and vivid image depth from the high-contrast luminous display (white to black ratio = >30,000:1)
- Experience high quality, lifelike video playback with sharp, seamless motion
- Upload images and videos to the frame from a digital camera, memory cards, USB drives, or wirelessly from personal computers and the Internet via built-in Wi-Fi capability.
- Transfer pictures from a PC to a KODAK OLED Wireless Frame even more effortlessly with the new KODAK EASYSHARE Digital Display Software. In addition to organizing and editing pictures, this software makes it easy to move favorite pictures, slideshows, videos and music wirelessly from a computer directly onto the frame. Digital Display Software also enables access to exciting Internet content available at KODAK Gallery, and Kodak partners Flickr and FrameChannel.
- Store up to 10,000 images* on the frame’s 2 GB of built-in internal memory (actual storage capacity will vary based on image content).
- Enjoy pictures and videos from many sources with built-in memory card reader and USB port.
- Wide screen display with 16:9 aspect ratio and 800×480 resolution.
Pricing and Availability
The KODAK OLED Wireless Frame will retail for US $999 (MSRP) and will be available at kodak.com beginning in the 2008 holiday season, with additional online and retail distribution to be announced.
Technical specifications 7.6 inch AMOLED from CMEL
- Manufacturer CMEL AMOLED
- Productname P0760WVLB-T (CM02013)
- Size 7,6 Inch
- Resolution 800 x 480
- Interface LVDS
- Colors 16 Mio
- Brightness 200 cd
- Backlight OLED Technology
- Viewing Angle 80/80/80/80 °
- Contrast 30.000:1
- Displaymode self emitting
- Operating Temp. -20 … 70 °C
- Outline Dimensions 177.30 x 118.32 x 5.3 mm
- Viewing Area 165.60 x 99.36 mm
- Special Features active-matrix OLED, ACL