Konica Minolta introduce the KM128SNG-MB a high precision inkjet printhead for Printed Electronics and OLED Displays.
KM128SNG-MB delivers tiny drop size (1 picoliter*) for the first time for printed electronics applications, and is planned to go on sale in sample quantities this spring.
KM128SNG-MB will demonstrate its worth in OLED display patterning, OLED lighting thin film layer coating, and new manufacturing technologies to provide high-resolution, high added value displays for smartphones and similar devices.
This next-generation inkjet printhead is manufactured using silicon MEMS technology that is also used in semiconductor processing. This technology made possible the successful development of a small printhead structure (38 mm wide, 128 nozzles in one row) that can eject tiny drops of ink. Careful ink path design and high precision assembly technology enable stable, high precision printing with a tiny drop size, while also providing the ink resistance and optimization for low viscosity inks that are demanded in industrial applications. Utilization of MEMS technology will enable future nozzle integration according to customer need, as well as further miniaturization of the printhead itself.
Major features of the newly designed KM128SNG-MB inkjet printhead
– Utilizes silicon MEMS technology used in semiconductor processing
– First printhead for printed electronics applications to achieve a 1 pl drop size
– High precision printhead structure = 38 mm wide, 128 nozzles in one row
– Stable, highly accurate operation with precision drive control on a per-nozzle basis
– High ink resistance and optimization for low viscosity inks for industrial applications
– Provides highly uniform thin film print thickness (at the 100 nm level)
– Perfect for displays manufacturing technology, such as for OLED display
– Proprietary DPN (Drive Per Nozzle) drive board and evaluation equipment available
*1 picoliter is a trillionth of 1 liter
Konica Minolta has been developing and manufacturing inkjet products, such as inkjet printhead, textile printers and high-value-added inks, with superb performance and enhanced values for industrial applications, by utilizing its proprietary precision processing technologies and material technologies that underlie its products’ advantages in saving energy and resources. With the newly developed inkjet printhead, the company will continue to contribute to further expansion of applications with industrial-use inkjet technologies and growth of the market.